9-1-1 Operator/Police Dispatcher
POSTING DATE: September 22, 2016
JOB TITLE: Telecommunicator
STARTING SALARY: $31,362/yr to $38,048/yr
BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
THE STEPHENVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT is currently accepting applications for the position of 9-1-1 Operator/Police Dispatcher.
Applicants must be available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as they are scheduled. Applicants must successfully complete a background investigation, interviews, drug screening, and polygraph. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential job Functions:
- Receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency telephone calls.
- Process and evaluate information, dispatch law enforcement and/or fire/EMS, consider call priority, availability and the number and types of personnel needed.
- Maintain and validate data in local, state, and national computer databases.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of information in a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system.
- Perform administrative duties as needed or requested.
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Minimum Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid State of Texas Class C Driver’s License
Recommended Licenses and Certifications:
- TCOLE Basic Telecommunicator Certification
- TLETS Certifications
TESTING: Testing is scheduled for Friday, November 04, 2016 at 9:00 A.M. at the Stephenville Police Department 356 N. Belknap, Stephenville, TX 76401. Testing will include completion of a written test.
Position(s): Applications must be received by 5:00 P.M. Wednesday, October 26, 2016. Open until filled. Position may close without notice.
CONTACT: Applications are available at City Hall, 298 W. Washington, Stephenville, Texas 76401, or online at
www.stephenvilletx.gov or www.stephenvillepolice.org. Applicants will be contacted by e-mail for testing information.
Telecommunicator Applicant Process:
- Complete and return City application.
- Complete written exam
- Those with passing scores will be provided with Personal History Form (43 pages) for Phase 2.
- Applicants submit completed Personal History packet and required documents including a hand written autobiography.
- Applicants undergo a comprehensive background investigation.
- Oral interview with administration staff.
- Conditional Job Offer
- Psychological evaluation
- Medical Exam and Drug Screen
- Telecommunicator Salary: $15.08-$18.29/hr.
- 100% Employee Paid Medical/Hospitalization/Dental
- Retirement(20 Years)
- Vacation(2 weeks per year, 3 weeks after 10 years)
- Sick Days(10 days)
- Holidays(13 days per year)
- Uniforms provided
- Limited tuition reimbursement
*The above benefits are those currently offered by the City of Stephenville, and are subject to change. To see a
more detailed explanation of benefits visit the
City of Stephenville,