POSTING DATE: November 05, 2013
JOB TITLE: Telecommunicator
STARTING SALARY: $13.49-$14.16/hr
BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
THE STEPHENVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT is currently accepting applications for the position of TELECOMMUNICATOR.
Applicants must be available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as they are scheduled. Applicants must successfully complete a background investigation, interviews, drug screening, and polygraph. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential job Functions:
- Receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency telephone calls.
- Process and evaluate information, dispatch law enforcement and/or fire/EMS, consider call priority, availability and the number and types of personnel needed.
- Maintain and validate data in local, state, and national computer databases.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of information in a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system.
- Perform administrative duties as needed or requested.
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Minimum Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid State of Texas Class C Driver’s License
Recommended Licenses and Certifications:
- TCOLE Basic Telecommunicator Certification
- TLETS Certifications
Position(s): Applications must be recieved by Friday, November 29, 2013 at 5:00 P.M.
CONTACT: Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 29, 2013 at 5 PM. and are available at City Hall, 298 W. Washington, Stephenville, Texas 76401, or online at
www.ci.stephenville.tx.us or www.stephenvillepolice.org.
- Telecommunicator Salary: $13.49-$14.16/hr
- 100% Employee Paid Medical/Hospitalization/Dental
- Retirement(20 Years)
- Vacation(2 weeks per year, 3 weeks after 10 years)
- Sick Days(10 days)
- Holidays(11 days per year)
- Uniforms provided
- Limited tuition reimbursement
*The above benefits are those currently offered by the City of Stephenville, and are subject to change. To see a
more detailed explanation of benefits visit the
City of Stephenville,