POSTING DATE: January 03, 2014
JOB TITLE: Telecommunicator
STARTING SALARY: $13.49-$14.16/hr.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
THE STEPHENVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT is currently accepting applications for the position of TELECOMMUNICATOR.
Applicants must be available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as they are scheduled. Applicants must successfully complete a background investigation, interviews, drug screening, and polygraph. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential job Functions:
- Receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency telephone calls.
- Process and evaluate information, dispatch law enforcement and/or fire/EMS, consider call priority, availability and the number and types of personnel needed.
- Maintain and validate data in local, state, and national computer databases.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of information in a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system.
- Perform administrative duties as needed or requested.
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Minimum Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid State of Texas Class C Driver’s License
Recommended Licenses and Certifications:
- TCOLE Basic Telecommunicator Certification
- TLETS Certifications
Position(s): Open until filled. Position may close without notice.
CONTACT: Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled and are available at City Hall, 298 W. Washington, Stephenville, Texas 76401, or online at
www.ci.stephenville.tx.us or www.stephenvillepolice.org. Applicants will be contacted by e-mail for testing information.
Telecommunicator Applicant Process:
- Complete and return City application.
- Complete written exam
- Those with passing scores will be provided with Personal History Form (43 pages) for Phase 2.
- Applicants submit completed Personal History packet and required documents including a hand written autobiography.
- Applicants undergo a comprehensive background investigation.
- Oral interview with administration staff.
- Conditional Job Offer
- Psychological evaluation
- Medical Exam and Drug Screen
- Telecommunicator Salary: $13.49-$14.16/hr.
- 100% Employee Paid Medical/Hospitalization/Dental
- Retirement(20 Years)
- Vacation(2 weeks per year, 3 weeks after 10 years)
- Sick Days(10 days)
- Holidays(11 days per year)
- Uniforms provided
- Limited tuition reimbursement
*The above benefits are those currently offered by the City of Stephenville, and are subject to change. To see a
more detailed explanation of benefits visit the
City of Stephenville,